Thursday, May 15, 2014
This will be the last post for Carolyn Perry's Kindergarten. As the boys move on to first grade I will be moving on as well to start another chapter in my life. So, as we move on here is what we all want to be when we grow up. Remember to check back in years to come to see if you become what you wanted to be when you were in Kindergarten.
When I was in Kindergarten - I wanted to be a teacher. Worked out well for me!
Mrs Thomas also wanted to be a teacher or a dancer!
Dudley - a Monster Truck driver
Jackson - a Monster Truck driver
Sohum - a Ninja
Carter - a dancer
Stephen - a famous basketball player/breakdancer
Noah - a train conductor
Craig - a professional basketball player like Michael Jordan
Kevin - an astronaut
Madoc - a secret spy
Renat - a paleontologist
Reese - an NBA basketball player
Will - a police officer
Michael - the King of Credit
Reid - an architect
Whit - a hunter
Witt - a video gamer
Frank - the President of the United States
Aadil - an NBA basketball player
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
As we enter our last 10 days as Kindergarteners we thought we might brainstorm some of our favorite SK memories. Here are some of our favorite memories from this fun year.
- hatching chicks
- hatching butterflies
- Mother's Day Picnic
- hula hooping and the toss the ball game
- Mother's Day portraits in art
- games & puzzles
- seeing all my friends from PK and JK
- special classes
- computer games
- Reading Eggs
- SK after school camps
- Happy Gram parties
- reading the Mouse and the Motorcycle
- Spelling City
- reading How to Eat Fried Worms
- reading Chocolate Fever
- our giant Happy Grams from Family Night
- EC Family Night
- Mrs. Perry & Mrs. Thomas
- meeting new friends on the first day of school
- having fun with my friends all year
- calendar helper
- line leader
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Today is our 154th day of Kindergarten. We have 16 more school days to go until first grade and more importantly…. SUMMER! Here are some of the things we hope to do this summer. Three weeks to go!
- go to SkyZone for my birthday
- go swimming my dad
- go to India for my sister's birthday
- I would like to work planting trees.
- play Minecraft
- go to my grandparents lake house
- go to Washington D.C, we might go with my grandma
- go buy the new Skylanders trap team
- hang out with my brothers and play our iPods
- play games with my dad
- go to New Orleans
- plant trees and build houses with my dad
- go to Disney World and Lego Land
- play Skylanders Swap Force and play outside with my dad
- go to the park and ride my motorcycle and mud bike at the farm
- go to Lego Land and the Nickelodeon Hotel
- go on trips - to Disney World
- go on a Disney Cruise that has Pirate Night and tons of slides
- build Legos
- buy and build Legos with my dad
- read Flat Stanley books
- go to the Children's Museum water park
Friday, April 25, 2014
We have made it to the last few weeks of school and have had a great time in Kindergarten this year. We get to "sneek-a-peek" at what 1st grade will be like in 2 weeks and we can't wait!
Here is what we think 1st will be like:
- we get to play on the football field
- you will have to read more and spell
- we'll do painting
- I think they are going to be a lot more harder on us
- I think we are going to have to do harder math
- I think we are going to have to do homework every day
- we are going to do times in math
- we are going to have an hour of homework every night
- I think we will have iPads
- I think we will have some nice teachers
- I think we are going to have lots and lots of fun
- I think we are playing math chairs
- I think we may or maybe not get to play Minecraft
- I think we will get to play on Reading Express
- I think we are going to have 20 minutes of more after homework
- we move behavior buses instead of cards
- 1st grade sports
- playing dodge ball
- playing soccer
- having a nice time
- having a nice playground
- eating outside
- having nice teachers
- getting AR points
- having good centers
- trying to find new friends for me
- new games on the computers
- having more homework
- having a visit from our SK teachers
- sneak-a-peek to second grade
- going on the field to play
- reading giant books
- having desks
- early lunch
Thursday, April 3, 2014
We just got back from the library and we have books on the brain. We have been brainstorming about books we would like to write. Here is what we have come up with:
Stephen - Dunking Athletes - a book about professional dunkers
Aadil - Ladybugs - all about lady bugs
Reid - an encyclopedia about hunting and what guns to use titled How To Hunt Everything
Whit - The Gun - all about guns you use when hunting
Will - How Police Help People When they are Sick or Get Hurt - about how police are good helpers
Witt - a book about time - Clocks
Noah - Diving Athletes - a book about all the different ways to dive into a pool
Craig - a book about the song Happy and a guide to playing it on the trombone - People Singing Their Heart Out
Madoc - a book about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 2
Reese - Number Monster - the monster knows all about math and numbers
Kevin - National Athletes of Skiing - all about how national snow skiing athletes race each other.
Chris - a book about the movie Mr. Peabody
Michael - The Alien Goes to Earth - the alien goes to earth and meets a human friend
Renat - The Guy that was Weird - at night he is bad but in the morning he is good. He has dirt on his arms, no nose, half lips and one eye on is head.
Sohum - something about Ninja Turtles
Jackson - a book about cross bows - Hunting a Bear with a Cross Bow
Carter - a book about the Polar Express
Frank - Astronauts & Aliens - There is a spaceman in his rocket ship and an alien attacks him and he has to call the other spacemen to help. They spray the monster and he goes away. He turns the wrong way and goes to Mars and blows up the planet.
Thursday, March 20, 2014
We are welcoming Spring today with a new science unit. We have begun our annual Life Cycle unit with the arrival of chicken eggs. We have placed them in the incubator at 100 degrees and are waiting patiently for the arrival of baby chicks in 21 days. We have just begun the unit so here are some things we Know and some things we Want to Know. We will follow up later with things we have Learned.
Here is what we know so far:
- they hatch from eggs
- they grow up after they hatch out of the eggs
- they mom has to sit on the eggs so they can be warm and crack up
- they can not fly
- it takes 21 days for the eggs to hatch
- they start in the egg super small and then they get bigger and bigger until they turn into a chicken
- if you find and egg with a red dot in it just throw it away
- not only chickens and birds can lay eggs
- "chickens aren't the only ones"
- the eggs fall out of the mom
- chickens are birds
- always when chickens hatch out they lay down because they are tired
- when chickens hatch out they are wet
- chickens don't only hatch from incubators they hatch from nests
- reptiles lay eggs too
Where is what we want to know:
- Do they ever get a little hot or cold?
- Are reptiles cold blooded when the reptiles are in the egg?
- How does the chicken hatch out of the egg with moving?
- Can baby chicks lay tiny eggs sometimes?
- Do the chicks sleep like humans?
- Do chicks look like chickens?
- Do the chicks sleep like their mother?
- Do chicks sleep with one eye open?
- Do chicks eat like their mother?
- Do the eggs warm up in the nest?
- Do all fish lay eggs?
Thursday, March 6, 2014
We have completed 122 school days and have one more to go until a much needed Spring Break. It is always fun to hear what the boys have planned for their week off. Here is what the boys in my class have on their agenda for next week.
Dudley - I might stay here but I might go to the beach.
Jackson - I am going to golf camp, tennis camp and Mississippi.
Sohum - I am going to India with my mom and sister but my dad is coming on another day because he has a conference. Then I am going to Mississippi.
Frank - I am going to Florida.
Aadil - I am having a staycation.
Stephen - I am going to a golf camp.
Carter - I might go on a trip.
Chris - I am going to Illinois.
Renat - I am going on a cruise.
Will - I am going to the beach.
Kevin - I am going to my grandma's in Louisiana.
Michael - I am going to Florida.
Noah - I am spending the night with my Nanny and Grindaddy.
Craig - I think I am going to Louisiana.
Whit - I am going to my new house.
Reid - I am going to my land.
Madoc - I am going to Florida.
Sounds like fun all around! We hope you have a great week next week!